Sunday, December 22, 2013

Heresy-era Salamanders: Storm Eagle Assembled

Greetings once again InterWebs!!!! It has been a crazy busy time here as we approach the Holiday season but I have managed to grab some hobby time. I am getting 3000 points of Heresy-era Salamanders together and part of that is a transport option for the large squads in the Heresy-era (20-man Tactical squad for instance). I did not want to do a Spartan Transport (everyone does those) and I feel you don't see a lot of flyers in the Heresy-era games so I went with a Storm Eagle Assault Gunship!

I am glad I have clamps, huge rubber bands, and patience because the assembly of this model is a chore! Here are two shots of the build process showing what I mean about clamps!



I have no further assembly photos to show off, needless to say the model is not the easiest to assemble and I am glad I do not have to do multiple Storm Eagles! Here is the beast all finished and ready for primer:

Front overall view:

It is a Salamander vehicle so I had to add some drake scales somewhere. I thought this worked out rather well.

Overall side shot:

Close-up of the side doors:

Rear shot, nothing special:

Salamander icon on the wingtips:

My Salamander force is all wearing Mk IV Maximus Power Armor so I had to knock up a Mk IV armored pilot. There is a helmet array added to help with the pilot look:

I think the Storm Eagle turned out just fine after all the build struggles and it certainly looks like a Salamander Storm Eagle! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment