Saturday, December 7, 2013

Heresy-Era Salamanders: Librarian and Apothecary WiP

Greetings once again InterWebs!!!! It has been a bitterly cold time here in the Rocky Mountains (we have not gotten above freezing in days) so I have been unable to spray anything so it was more build time for me. I am getting very close to having 3000pts of Heresy Salamanders all built. I decided to finish up the last two 'infantry' models for the army: a Librarian and a Apothecary. I love these models and the fact that they are wearing Mk IV power armor (like everyone else in the army) was just the icing on the cake!

I would like to present to you Librarian U'uka Obataiye:

I have him equipped with an inferno pistol. I did not want to just say 'it's in his holster' which is lame so I went ahead and used a wrist-mounted version. I think it is a little bulky but it will work. You can also see the drake standard topper which I really like. All of my characters will have cloth standards to help set them apart from everyone else.

MaxMini drake scale cloak which require a fair amount of work to actually get them to sit correctly.

Another look at the standard top along with a look at some fetish/trophy ropes:

Since character models in the Salamander Legion can take proto-Storm Shields I knew I had to include one with the Librarian. I did not want have him holding it, I liked the FW model as it came, I did not want to hang it off his back either, so that led to........Chapter Serf Nambewa:

His Master's Storm Shield:

A scale shot of the two together:


The last infantry model to build was an Apothecary. This was a fairly straightforward build process with only a couple of additions to the standard model. Here is Apothecary Ki'zza Daktari:

I added an 'augury scanner' to his belt, this seems like a must have piece of equipment in the Heresy-era.

Use of a GW Dark Elf Corsair cloak, which I find really easy to use, although the cloaks all flow the same way:

Even the medics can't get away from the fetish/trophy ropes!

That is it for now, I am working on some 'heavy hitters' for the Legio next. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I hope your weather changes soon, or you'll be overrun byu unpainted guys! Looking good :)

    Amani

    ReplyDelete