Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Heresy-era Salamanders: Contemptor Dreadnought

Greetings once again InterWebs!!!! The weather has been super cold lately which has meant a fair amount of indoor time in the hobby room/man cave. I was able to get quite a bit of build time in which is getting me ever so close to having 3000pts of Heresy Salamanders built. First off I started with my 'Heavy Hitters' and I would like to show you all my Salamanders Contemptor Dreadnought:


This is another gifted project which was abandoned by the original owner. The paint was thin and there is not a lot of surface detail on the model so I didn't strip the paint before starting the rebuild. I used plenty of greenstuff to make a base Contemptor a little more Salamander-looking.


I had to go with a Multi-Melta which will become 'master-crafted' when using the Salamander's Rite of War during games of 30k.

Flaming Salamander icon on the chest plate instead of the aquila (which is not Heresy-era):

I managed to primer him up while I waited for his missile rack to show up from Forge World. Here he is with his newly installed (and magnetized) missile rack:


That is all for now, I have my version of Cassian Dracos up next. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment