Thursday, December 12, 2013

Heresy-era Salamanders: My take on Cassian Dracos

Greetings once again InterWebs!!! Just a short post tonight to share with you my latest build; here is my take on 'the Fallen Master, the Dragon Revenant, First Commander of the XVIII Legion': Cassian Dracos.


I used the Bray'arth Ashmantle body from Forge World, Puppetswar arms, various bits from the bits boxes, and greenstuff. I think the model works for a Heresy-era version of Bray'arth Ashmantle.

Each arm and the power pack all have fetish/trophy ropes. I scratched together the banner pole for the cloth banner I will be using.

I went with large talons on the fists to help sell the 'oldness' of the model, that and I am not a fan of the Forge World arms that are used on the Bray'arth Ashmantle model.

I think I managed to get a bit of a sense of motion out of this otherwise fairly static model (all marine dreads are very static in my opinion).


I used a helmet from the venerable dreadnought kit instead of the helmet that came from Forge World. I did this because I think this looks more Heresy-era (with the rivets and knightly-look) and it helps make it not look exactly like the Forge World basic build.

I had to sculpt a tabbard to cover up the Bray'arth nameplate on his groin. I then added a fetish/trophy rope. I think this is a decent representation of the first Legion Master of the XVIII Legion although I am looking forward to seeing what Forge World ends up doing for the model.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment