Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Heresy-era Salamanders: Land Raider Mk IIb Ready for Paint

Greetings once again InterWebs!!!! It has been a very busy time here including a fair amount of hobby time! I hope all of my US readers had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I managed to get the Salamander's Land Raider conversion all finished up and primered over the long weekend. I would like to present to you my Land Raider Mk IIb (fully tracked) conversion which I have named Superbia Nocturne (Pride of Nocturne):


I knocked this 'master-crafted' Multi Melta out rather quickly. I think it turned out OK, the angled sides tie in well with the armor plates of the Land Raider.

The side weapons elevate/depress and rotate. I think the Chapter House Studios doors work well.

Rear view showing the tracks going all the way around.

The opposite side showing the other door. I added some Green Stuff Salamander logos to both sides of the Land Raider which I think is subtle but helps ensure people know what Legio the Land Raider belongs to.

Top down view showing the extensive work involved to track the Land Raider fully.

All in all I am pleased with the way the Land Raider turned out. There are things I would have done differently in hindsight but overall I think it turned out OK. I wish I could have done something a little better with the twin-linked Heavy Flamer conversion (looks to much like the Heavy Bolters they were) but I can change it later.

Next up will be the last of the infantry models (apothecary and librarian), thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment