Thursday, January 16, 2014

Painted: Heresy-era Salamanders Contemptor Dreadnought

Greetings once again InterWebs!!! The day was spent putting the finishing touches on the Legion Glaive and packing everything up in my BattleFoam case for the trip to GW's World of Battle in Memphis, TN for a weekend of Horus Heresy gaming. I have not had a lot of time lately to actually take pictures of everything but I have managed to take a few pictures. I would like to present to you my attempt at a Legion Contemptor Dreadnought for Legio XVIII Salamanders:

Venerable Brother Kinz'la:


Oaths of the Moment papers, flame red eyes, and a flaming Salamander icon:

Master-crafted Multi-Melta arm, Salamander Icon on the shoulder, and a Fetish Rope:

Backside view and a little look at his base:

Powerfist arm, Salamander Icon, and another Fetish Rope with a Blacksmith's Hammer:

The carapace mounted havoc launcher is magnetized to come off easily if needed:

I think the recovery of an abandoned project (from a friend.....Mordian 7th) turned out well. I can't wait to see what Forge World actually does for a Salamander Contemptor and I am sure I will have to get one or more! I do have pictures of my attempt at Cassian Dracos and I will try to get them posted before I jet off to Memphis. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Take care!

2 comments:

  1. That'll make a striking centrepiece for the army :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was worried about a centerpiece model for the army.

      Delete