Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Games Workshop's World of Battle: A look at the displays

Greetings once again InterWebs!!! During my recent trip to Memphis I had a chance to stop into Games Workshop's World of Battle for a look around the place. I took a bunch of pictures of the lovely store and especially of the display cabinets! Here is a look at what they have around the store:

Here I am standing in with a couple of the Emperor's Finest:

Awesome Inquisition Display cabinet with captured Eldar equipment:

Striking Scorpion Helmet:

Shuriken Catapult:

Lovely Eldar army:

Chaos warband:

Dark Eldar Titan that was incredible:

Rest of the Dark Eldar army:


I don't play Warhammer Fantasy but if I did I would so play these guys! I loved this army of Tomb Kings:


A cool looking Hobbit display:

A rather cool looking Ork conversion:

Chaos!

A cool looking white Reaver Titan:

The whole Battle Bunker/Hobby Center has all kinds of cool looking stuff on the walls as well as the standard giant Space Marine statue out front:


The stuff on the walls:




I thought this was a really nice touch!


I have one last post/look regarding Games Workshop's World of Battle and it will be a special one.....a look at their cases of remembrance! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Take care!

6 comments:

  1. Did you have fun? It would have been funto see a pose, standing next to those guys. I'm commenting on your previous three-in-one... I like the option of tunnel or underground rooms fighting! Your army looked awesome on the field; glad you were able to get it done. Is color matching the shoulderpads going to be easy??
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun trip. It was a blast to play on such beautiful tables. I just got the shoulder pads last night and it should be very easy to match the paint. I took very detailed notes on the paint process to ensure that matching would be easier in the future. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great photos. Do they have a separate disabled loo, labelled mechanicum ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did not see the mechanicum room, it could have been the 'spray booth'' room maybe? I thought the bathroom signs were a nice touch. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great photos indeed! Thanks for sharing ... and whoa ... you are as tall as the Emperor's finest. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes indeed, we grow them big in Colorado! I stand at 1.93m so I am not too far off from a Space Marine. Just need to work out the 13 or so extra organs and what not! Ha! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete