Thursday, November 14, 2013

Heresy-era Salamanders: Legion Terminators....now taller and with hammer heads

Greetings once again InterWebs!!!! It has been a couple of rough days as I have been laid out due to Grandfather Nurgle's Plauge Rot but the worst has past; today I was actually able to wander around the house a bit. The day before I was struck down the thunder hammer heads I had been waiting for showed up in the mail so I made an effort today to finish up the assembly on my Cataphractii Legion Terminators.

After a wonderful and helpful comment on the last build post from theAmbit I was able to make the terminators a bit taller by adding a spacer at the waist. I think it certainly frees up the leg area more and they don't look so squat. In the below picture the center miniature (the sergeant) is the only one that I was not able to add the waist spacer. I am going with the sergeant is naturally short/stout/tank-like as I have read about some Space Marines being built like this in several of the novels.


The MaxMini thunder hammerheads which I think look very 'heresy-era'. I don't know if it was my lingering illness or not but I broke 2 of these hammerheads while trying to work with them. I will say they are made of extremely hard and brittle resin so it might have been that.

The third style of hammerhead and the powerfist miniature:

Sergeant and heavy weapon trooper which again shows the new stance/build of the terminators compared to the sergeant (who was not able to be modified):

Caldera's Wrath (Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer):

Every 'character' in my army will have a drake scale mantle of some variety and here is his:

Closer look at the sergeant's drake helmet. I am making an effort to have every 'character' have a unique helmet that helps set them apart from the rest of the unit. The helmet has drake scales running along the top and I wanted this to be better seen, so I trimmed the upper carapace back a bit to show it off.

A scale shot with a normal marine which I hope shows the power of the terminators, the overall height difference is not as great as I would have imagined.

Well that is it for now, I am still continuing the build process of the rest of the army. At the moment is a rhino before I start the transport for these guys. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Take care.

4 comments:

  1. Love 'em! I think once you get them up on some scenic 40mm bases even the fireplug will look quite natural. Awesome builds, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am sure they will look perfect when they get put on their resin bases.

      Delete