Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Painted: Blood Angels Furioso Dreadnought

Greetings once again InterWebs!!! I would like to present to you my Blood Angels Furioso Dreadnought; while looking for some minis for a friend I stumbled across this guy lurking in the back of the cabinet. This model was converted from an Assault on Black Reach Dreadnought before GW came out with their plastic Blood Angel Furioso Dreadnought kit. All in all I think he turned out fairly well for being a conversion/kitbash  using parts from the bits boxes. Of course I had attempted to paint him those many years ago and he looked nowhere like the rest of my current Blood Angels, so the first step was to bring the red areas 'in-line' with the look of the rest of the army.

Here are some various paint-in-process shots:



This shows the new placement of the Meltagun:




Now to start some of the initial highlighting:





Now to add some of the other colors:




 Not too bad for a yellow over black:




I managed to knock out the rest of the painting last night as the snow was ending; here is my Blood Angels Furioso Dreadnought all finished up:




A look at his Heavy Flamer conversion:

Kill marks for the Meltagun:

The business end of the Heavy Flamer conversion:

Lurking in the ruins of a building (for scale purposes):


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment