The process of getting the banners done
A long time ago I learned how to make 15mm banners out of Wine Foil (the stuff that seals the cork in) and I thought it would work well for the larger banners I wanted to make. I use the foil instead of paper because the foil is very bendable, easy to paint, takes 'damage' well, and is heavier than paper; the only thing paper has going for it (in my opinion) is it can be burned to give a scrotched effect.
Time to gather some supplies from the closet:
You will notice that the foil coming off the bottle is a bit wrinkly so it needs to be flattened out before use. I made sure to not cause it to roll up while flattening it out.
Now the piece is all nice and flat:
At this point I drew out the rough shape of the banner:
Another nice thing about this type of foil is that it can be easily cut with standard household scissors (not shown for some reason) and clean up of tight areas are done with a hobby knife:
The banners were then primered and painted up. Here is the front-side of the three Chaos/Dark Mechanicus Banners:
I thought the back-sides of the Banners. I wanted to do something and gave a try at some flames. Again I am not an artist and will be the first to admit that these could have turned out better. I hate free-hand painting!
Here are a couple of shots of the Banners installed on Canis Messorem:
I think the Warhound is complete. I could do some battle damage on the legs but I think it is time to move on to other projects (of which there are tons).......
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Take care!