Saturday, April 14, 2012

Land Raiders! Real armies can Deep Strike these!

Greetings once again! I have been quite busy lately with a couple of side projects (editing Star Wars RPG modules) but I have managed to get in a little paint-time in the hobby room. If you remember the last post I was working on a couple of Blood Angel Land Raiders: a 'Godhammer-class' and a 'Redeemer-class' Land Raider. Well I managed to get them finished up and sealed (with their first matt-coat) this morning before the weather turned wet.

Here is the 'Godhammer-class' Land Raider "Hammer of Baal":







All in all I am pleased with how it turned out. There are a couple of areas that I think I could have done better/different (the blood drop on the side door in the picture above for example) but it is ready to crush the foes of the Emperor! Also done at the same time (I batch paint everything, must come from my start in the hobby being with 15mm were everything is batch painted) was the Land Raider Redeemer:








I have had a lot of fun painting these, the first Land Raiders I have ever painted. They took a fair amount of paint and I am glad I stocked up on the specific GW paints that I am using before they changed their entire paint line.

Since a batch-style paint process cannot be called that with only two models I had other things going as well (including a little something special from earlier but that will have to wait until later in the week):


Above are a few extra Turret options mainly used in Razorbacks; below are a couple of extra hatches. I tend to batch paint things to ensure a 'standardized' look to everything.


Well that's it for now, thanks for looking! Comments are always welcomed!

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. Will it be seeing any weathering?

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron! I don't think it will see any weathering. I have never done it before and quite frankly it scares me a little to 'mess-up/dirty-up' a perfectly good/clean model.

      I have read a few articles on how people go about it but I have yet to work up the courage to try it myself.

      David

      Delete
  2. The Terrain Doors added to the front really looks cool.. nice idea! 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I was never a fan of all the exposed tracks on the front so I knew I needed something to cover them up.

      Delete