Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Brightest of Angels---Finished

I actually had a bunch of hobby time this weekend and I managed to finish up my version of Sanguinius! I had a lot of fun painting this model and it was definitely worth the wait to get to him. I plan on using Sanguinius in the upcoming Tempus Fugitives Great Crusade event in March. Here are some overall shots of the 'Perfect Primarch':





Here are some close-up views of various pieces on Sanguinius:







I painted the Daemon head a fairly neutral color as opposed to a red head because I felt there was enough red on the miniature as it was. Speaking of red, I painted the sword red because according to 'fluff' Sanguinius' Master-Crafted Relic Blade is called 'The Blood Sword'. I tried to get the 'Eye of Terra' on his chest plate as well. All in all I am quite pleased with how everything turned out with this miniature.

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing!!

    There is so much detail on Sanguinius I didn't know where to start and kept flipping through the pictures. The demon head looks amazing with the green being used as a contrast color balances out all of the red. Nice job, as usual.

    Amani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I wanted a small splash of green to help the red 'pop' a bit more. It is a challenge to not use to much green because then it starts to look a bit christmasy. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. I've decided I want to follow your blog, but I'm not sure how. I've looked at the help center, and it said there sometimes is a widget that can be added under the FOLLOWERS tab. Am I missing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Along the top tool bar at the very top of the page you can find a 'follow' button. It is generaly all the way to the left side of the bar. Hope that helps.

      Delete